Pineapple salsa combines sweet, spicy and savory flavors into a sauce that’s both crunchy and soft — perfect for barbecues and football nights alike. Fresh ingredients make this recipe even more delicious, especially when you add some juicy mango to go with the vegetables, pineapple and herbs. Impress your family by serving this salsa with your favorite Mexican cuisine as a healthy side dish or as a topper for tacos.
The best part of this tasty salsa is that it keeps well in the refrigerator and goes great with other foods. Plus, this versatile salsa takes just a few minutes to make, so you can easily squeeze it into your busy day!
15min active; 1hour inactive to prepare serves 10
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh mango
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, optional
- Finely chop the pineapple and mango into small pieces, making them as close to the same size as possible.
- Mince the cilantro and chop the red onion into small pieces. Then slice the green onions into thin strips. If using, finely chop the jalapeno into very fine pieces.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl, including the juices. Mix thoroughly until everything is fully combined.
- Refrigerate for one hour so the flavors blend together. Keep chilled before serving.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home