It’s such a wonderful feeling to come home from a long day and find a hot, delicious dinner waiting — courtesy of your slow cooker. This sweet and sour pineapple chicken is easy, yummy and packed with protein. We like to change things up a bit by switching out the veggies or tossing some slivered almonds over the top, then serving it over white rice, but you really can’t go wrong with this dish!
Sweet And Sour Pineapple Chicken
30min to prepare serves 6
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 20 ounces canned pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Place chopped onion in slow cooker and top with cubed chicken.
- Drain pineapple juice into a medium bowl, setting pineapple chunks aside, and add soy sauce, ginger, paprika, pepper and honey.
- Add cornstarch to the pineapple mixture and whisk until fully dissolved. Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Add diced red bell pepper to slow cooker and stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5. Serve with white rice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Skinny Ms.