We love the combination of slightly sweet and savory flavors.
We love comfort foods in our house. Rustic ingredients, savory sauces and a house that smells amazing makes us happy every time. But if there’s one thing we don’t enjoy, it’s the after-dinner cleanup, which is why one-skillet dinners are such a treat. This tasty maple mustard glazed chicken recipe bakes up in one pan, which leaves plenty of time to tidy the kitchen before dinner comes out of the oven.
A sweet and tangy maple mustard sauce is the star in this crowd pleaser, and the delicate thyme adds subtle herb flavor, while the lemon helps keep the chicken moist, adding a citrusy brightness to the chicken. This delicious sauce baked with tender chicken breast is the perfect weeknight family meal. And leftovers, if there are any, are great for lunch the next day!
Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2-3 small cloves garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large lemon; sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Brown both sides on medium heat.
- Remove chicken from skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and sauté onions until lightly caramelized. Return chicken to pan.
- Whisk together maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic and thyme until fully incorporated. Pour over chicken and arrange lemon slices on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers 165 degrees. Allow chicken to rest, briefly, before serving.
Recipe adapted from Le Creme de la Crumb