Jump start your morning with a tall glass of wholesome goodness that starts with green, leafy vegetables — coupled with the sweetness of an apple — for a nutritious breakfast that fills your stomach and provides many essential nutrients. We like to boost our immune system by adding chia seeds to this kale-apple smoothie, giving us plenty of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Kale is another body powerhouse that gives the body plenty of vitamins C and A — along with calcium and iron. Feel free to add a banana for more sweetness, some protein powder for added energy, or a carrot for even more vitamins. You won’t find a more nutritious way to start your day than with this easy kale-apple smoothie that contains only 100 calories.
Kale-Apple Smoothie With Chia Seeds
5min to prepare serves 2
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 kale leaf, medium-sized
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 lemon
- 6 teaspoons chia seeds
- Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before consumption.
- Chop the cucumber into thin slices.
- Core the apple, and then chop it into bite-sized chunks.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
- Place the spinach, kale and cucumber into a large, high-powered blender.
- Pour the water on top of the vegetables.
- Add the apples, lemon juice, chia seeds and any other ingredients.
- Pulse the blender the ingredients form a pulp.
- Liquefy the ingredients until the texture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass. Refrigerate any leftovers. Drink immediately.
Recipe adapted from IfoodReal