A nice hot piece of flat bread is the perfect partner to any meal. We love to slather it in butter and eat it like a giant bread cookie, cut it up into triangles for to scoop out a delicious dip, or to use it as a sponge that sops up a bowl of soup. Sometimes â when we’re feeling adventurous â we like to whip up a bowl of chicken curry and add this as a tasty side. Either way, not having to add yeast and wait for the dough to rise turns homemade bread into an easy endeavor, from hours of toil to a few minutes of work. This is a bread that goes well with just about everything, and when it’s this easy to make, it’s hard to not make it every day!
Easy Flat Bread
30 minutes to prepare serves 2-3
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, and more for sprinkling (optional substitute: wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix together flour, olive oil, salt and parsley.
- Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time into dough and kneed until smooth.
- Allow dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Separate dough into 6 pieces and roll each into a ball. Sprinkle flour onto each dough ball, and roll out into 1/8-inch thick circles.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add flat bread rounds. Cook for 1 minute on each side until brown spots appear, and cook for another minute on opposite side.
- Serve warm. Optional: brush melted butter on each piece.
Recipe adapted from Veg Recipes of India