We’ve got a meal that is savory, delicious, and super easy to clean up!
We take family dinner seriously, and nothing’s more serious than laying out a delicious meal for our loved ones with a minimum of fuss. This one skillet meal with chicken, mushrooms, and artichokes is made even more scrumptious with a rich, creamy sauce that adds that little something extra to make this weeknight meal feel hearty and welcoming. Even the pickiest of eaters are bound to fall in love with the combination of chicken and cream while the mushrooms and artichokes add plenty of great texture and flavor to the dish. All we have to do is throw these ingredients into a skillet, give ’em a stir, and then get ready to serve up some delicious comfort food for our family.
One Skillet Creamy Chicken With Artichokes and Mushrooms
Serves 6 40 minutes
- 1.5-2 pounds package chicken breast tenders
- 2 cups mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté chicken over medium for 2 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and sauté garlic and artichokes on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until just softened.
- Stir in chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, Parmesan, salt and pepper (to taste), and cook on low until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and continue cooking on medium/medium-low, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped herbs prior to serving.
Recipe adapted from Dizzy Busy And Hungry