Switch up your pasta salad routine with this spicy version!
We do a lot of entertaining around here, whether it be a summer barbecue, holiday get together or party for the big game. Whatever the occasion, our buffalo chicken pasta salad is always a hit. It’s got a great buffalo sauce that’s spicy without being overbearing, and it’s cut with just the right amount of sour cream to cool it down.
We like to use leftover chicken for this recipe, but rotisserie chicken from the supermarket works great, too. Pre-cooked chicken makes this recipe super simple. Only 20 minutes to make it, start to finish! Pair this yummy salad with some celery sticks and crumbled blue cheese for the true buffalo chicken experience.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Boil pasta over high heat until al dente. Drain.
- Add chopped chicken to a large bowl.
- Combine buffalo wing sauce with sour cream and melted butter. Fold in parsley.
- Transfer pasta to large bowl with chicken. Pour buffalo-sour cream sauce over top, add chopped tomatoes, and toss to combine.
Recipe adapted from The Creative Bite