A few seasonal changes keep our favorite chicken salad on the menu all year round.
We’ve never met a chicken salad we didn’t like. There’s something about chopped chicken in a creamy dressing that just takes a sandwich to the next level. In this recipe, we add sweet ingredients, like apples and cranberries, and finish with a lemony Greek yogurt sauce. It’s reminiscent of a Waldorf salad, but the cashews add a buttery level that traditional walnuts just can’t top.
We like to make a big batch of this autumn chicken salad on Saturday to tide us over for weekend lunches. Piled high on a bulky roll or rolled in a tortilla, this recipe makes a great sandwich filling, but it really works best as a stand-alone salad. Chicken salad doesn’t have to be just for the summertime. A few seasonal changes keep our favorite chicken salad on the menu all year round, and nothing says fall quite like apples and cranberries.
Autumn Chicken Salad
- 2 medium cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew halves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Stir together yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine chicken, apple, cashews and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Add dressing mixture to large bowl and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Recipe adapted from Happily Unprocessed