There’s a good reason that Creamy Lemonade has recently taken the internet by storm – it’s the world’s most refreshing beverage transformed into something more dessert-like, and what’s not to love about that? There’s even more to love though – it takes just two ingredients and a little bit of stirring to enjoy it, which means it’s super easy to mix up on a whim. (And once you try it, those whims will strike often, trust me.)
Those two ingredients? Lemons and sweetened condensed milk. That’s it. There are some recipes that use extra sugar here as well, but I find that the condensed milk supplies all the sweetness you need. You’ll need a fair amount of lemon juice – about five to eight lemons worth – and it’s nice to throw a sliced lemon into the mix as well.
All you have to do is stir together the lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk, pour it over ice, top it off with water, and you’re ready to drink. The end result tastes somewhat like a lemon meringue pie – sweet and tart and, well, creamy. It might sound like an odd combination but don’t knock it til you’ve tried it, it’s truly delicious!
5m prep time
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (5-8 lemons)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups ice
- 5 cups water
- Add ice to a 1/2 gallon pitcher and top with sliced lemon.
- In a separate pitcher or bowl, whisk together lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk. Pour over ice.
- Add cold water and stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!