Maybe Corn Casserole is already a staple in your household (or maybe you call it Corn Pudding) or maybe it’s not, but either way you’re going to want to add this Cream Cheese Corn Casserole to your repertoire. It pairs sweet corn with a delicious, creamy cream cheese enhanced base and a cheesy topping for a bake that’s a study in the heavenly balance of sweet and savory.
Upon seeing this dish, you might assume the ingredient list is lengthy, but you’d be wrong – it’s actually rather simple. For the base, all you’re doing is melting together butter and cream cheese before stirring in milk, and seasoning the creamy sauce with salt, pepper, and some cayenne.
Stir in the corn…
… pop it into a casserole dish, cover it with a blanket of grated cheddar and let the oven work its magic.
It’s a side that’s simple, sweet, and savory and it goes well with any manner of mains. Serve it next to ribs or the Thanksgiving turkey – it’s delicious enough that it always makes sense.
Cream Cheese Corn Casserole
5m prep time
20m cook time
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (18 oz) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium pot over low heat, melt cream cheese and butter. Stir in milk until mixture is smooth. Add salt, pepper, corn, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with cheese. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Five Heart Home.