Bean Dip is a party classic and this is the best way we know how to make it. Packed with cream cheese, sour cream, and a layer of melty cheese on top for good measure, it’s about so much more than the beans. It’s a little bit zesty, very creamy and full of flavor. In other words, it’s the kind of dip you’re hesitant to step away from at a party because you’re pretty sure it’ll be all gobbled up when you return.
And more good news? All you have to do to make this is stir a few ingredients together and pop it in the oven. Since you’re using a pre-shredded blend of cheese, you don’t have to grate anything (or chop anything else for that matter).
You’re looking at a can of refried beans, some cream cheese, sour cream, a packet of taco seasoning, a bit of salsa, and some Mexican cheese blend. Stir. Put in baking dish. Pop in oven. That’s it! Then get to dipping. It’s incredibly easy and it’s always, always a hit.
Cream Cheese Bean Dip
Serves 6; 5 minutes prep, 25 minutes cook time
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beans, sour cream, and cream cheese until well combined. Add taco seasoning, salsa, and 1/2 cup of the cheese and stir.
- Pour into an 8x8-inch baking dish. Top with shredded cheese and bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Lil Luna.