One of our favorite kitchen “tools” is our skillet, so we have a ton of great recipes that call for it that always turn out deliciously. We were trying to figure out what to make dinner the other night, when we decided on a recipe from one of our friends, Becky, from The Cookie Rookie.
This dish is so amazing and makes for the perfect choice for dinner, filled with protein from the chicken, and a deliciously flavorful sauce that’s smooth and creamy. It’s a breeze to make, so this really is a great option after a long and busy day, and we can’t wait to share the recipe with you! Enjoy!
Basil Cream Chicken
25 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Dry breadcrumbs
- 1 pound Boneless skinless chicken breast; 4 halves
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 can (4 oz) Pimentos
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, or 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Basil, fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons boursin cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip chicken in milk, and then coat with crumbs.
- Add chicken to skillet with 1/2 of the butter about 5 min.
- Add remaining butter flip chicken and cook another 5-8 min or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add broth to skillet bring to boil over medium heat.
- Stir in cream, pimientos, and tomatoes; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat, add parmesan cheese, boursin cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce.
- Serve chicken as is, covered in sauce, or with rice or pasta, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cookie Rookie