You know what they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I have never understood folks who “don’t eat breakfast” because I wake up hungry every day without fail. But, time can be short when you’re trying to get the family out the door and that’s where this easy Cottage Cheese Egg Bake comes in. I’ve been focusing on adding more protein to my diet and this recipe is absolutely packed with it. Let’s get into how it’s made…
When I say this recipe is easy, I mean it. Cottage cheese, eggs, and the rest of the ingredients are all whisked together in one big bowl. I included green onions and swiss cheese in my version here, but it’s super simple to customize to your liking. Switch up the cheese or add other veggies, meat, or seasoning to suit your taste. It’s hard to go wrong.
This bake is delicious fresh out of the oven, but it also keeps and reheats like a dream. Make up a big dish of it early in the week and then you’ll have breakfast taken care of! And a healthy breakfast at that. If you’re looking to streamline your mornings, give this easy Cottage Cheese Egg Bake a try!
Cottage Cheese Egg Bake
5m prep time
25m cook time
- 1 (24 oz) tub cottage cheese
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups shredded cheese (I used swiss)
- ⅓ cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cottage cheese until fully combined.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes or until top begins to brown and the center is set.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com