A soft, pillowy cookie with triple the cookies and cream flavor.
When you see the words “cookies and cream,” it’s usually just code for the fact that there are Oreos tucked into the recipe, and that’s most definitely going on here with our Cookies and Cream Pudding Cookies. But while they are technically a cookie featuring another cookie, they’re also SO much more. Thanks to a couple of other mix-ins, they’re soft and chewy and almost creamy in texture and full of that milky, chocolate cookie crumb combo you know and love. Simple to make and so very scrumptious!
These start like any other cookie, but they don’t taste like any other cookie. After beating together the butter, brown and white sugars, eggs, and vanilla…
… you stir in the usuals like flour and baking soda, but also an entire package of cookies and cream pudding mix and chopped Oreos and chopped cookies and cream candy bar.
So in this case, it’s not just that we’ve stirred in some Oreos and called it a day. No, there’s triple the cookies and cream flavor here in the form of pudding, candy bars, AND the original cookie! The pudding makes for a pillowy cookie texture while the candy bar adds creaminess and the crushed cookies back it up with some crunch.
These feel like more of a novelty than your basic chocolate chip cookie, but no matter how many times you have them that novelty never seems to wear off. They’re loved by kids and adults alike, not only because they’re fun but because they’re just so good!
Cookies and Cream Pudding Cookies
Yield 36 cookies
10m prep time
10m cook time
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (4.2 oz) box Cookies & Cream instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Oreos, chopped
- 2 Cookies & Cream candy bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and blend until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in oreo and candy bar pieces.
- Roll dough into golf ball sized balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Gently press cookies down slightly and bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be pale.
- Let cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Together As a Family.