Boy, have I got a tasty side dish for you to try out! This Cold Green Bean Salad might have an odd name, but the end result is truly the perfect summer salad. With green beans, feta, cherry tomatoes, red onions, garlic, and walnuts, this recipe is bursting with flavors and textures!
And did I mention the red wine vinegar dressing? Topped with extra walnuts and feta, this is one salad I can’t get enough of. Plus, I just love the bright colors in this recipe! Check out the video below to see how easily it all comes together.
To make this easy and delicious side salad, start by cooking the green beans until they are “tender/crisp.” This means they aren’t raw and crunchy, but not a mushy mess either. In my experience, it takes about 5-6 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside to cool completely (or chill in the fridge).
Next, empty the cooled green beans into a large bowl and add feta, tomatoes, garlic, walnuts, and onions. Then, in a small bowl, combine vinegar and oil. Pour the dressing over the veggies, tossing to coat. Top with freshly ground salt and pepper. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
This is one side dish your friends and family won’t be able to get enough of! Try out this recipe for your next grill out or get-together, but be warned – you may want to double the recipe! Check out the full ingredient list and step-by-step instructions below.
Cold Green Bean Salad
Makes 4-6 servings
5m prep time
- 5 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cooked and chilled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
- Cook green beans until they are “tender/crisp,” about 5-6 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside to cool completely (or chill in fridge).
- Empty cooled green beans into a large bowl and add feta, tomatoes, garlic, walnuts, and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and oil. Pour over veggies. Toss to coat.
- Top freshly ground salt and pepper. Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving
Recipe adapted from Salty Dish.