There is never a crumb left of this classic breakfast casserole! Go ahead and whip up this super simple dish — your family and friends will thank you!
When we have to cook for a crowd we look for fast and easy recipes that are packed with flavor; bonus points if it can be made the night before and popped into the oven at any point during the day. This sausage egg and cheese breakfast casserole sure fits the bill!
Why mess with the classic combo of savory sausage, fluffy eggs, and did we mention mouthwatering cheese? Add in some buttery, flakey biscuits, and you’ve got yourself a real crowd pleaser. There is never a crumb left! Go ahead and whip up this super simple breakfast casserole, your family and friends will thank you!
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Serves 8-10 45 min
- 16 oz container refrigerated biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups breakfast sausage, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Once biscuit package is opened, cut each biscuit into 6 pieces and place in baking dish.
- Spread cooked sausage evenly over biscuit pieces, and sprinkle with ½ cup of cheese.
- To make the eggs, beat all 6 eggs in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in milk and butter until combined.
- To make the eggs, beat all 6 eggs in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in milk and butter until combined. Pour egg mix over sausage and biscuits and top with remaining cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper. (At this point, you can cover the dish and leave it in the fridge, or you can bake right away.)
- Place dish in oven for 35 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Let cool, and then enjoy this casserole with friends and family!
Recipe adapted from Mess For Less.