If you’ve ever heard of or tried monkey bread, you’ll be thrilled to see this recipe. If not, let us let you in a little secret: monkey bread is one of the best breakfast/desserts we’ve ever made.
Basically a cake comprised of mini cinnamon buns, our monkey bread is super easy to make (thanks to refrigerated biscuit dough) and seriously fun, since we get to shake the living daylight out of it to get everything thoroughly coated in a dangerously good cinnamon sugar mixture. If that hasn’t already piqued your interest, we pour a brown sugar glaze over all of our cinnamon balls and then bake it to caramelized perfection. We’re drooling just sitting here, so excuse us while we go to pull ourselves off a piece or ten…
Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- 3 (16 oz.) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 2 cups (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 gallon resealable plastic bag
- bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a bundt pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- Open your biscuit packages and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Combine sugar with cinnamon in plastic bag, then seal it and shake to mix the two.
- Open bag and put all of your biscuit quarters inside.
- Seal bag, then vigorously shake until cinnamon sugar evenly coats all the pieces of dough.
- Once your dough is evenly sugared, transfer pieces to bundt pan.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt butter and brown sugar together for 1 minute (at intervals of 20-30 seconds).
- Stir mixture until dark brown, then pour over the dough in your bundt pan. Squish pieces down into the butter mixture so they’re all coated and/or submerged.
- Place bundt pan on a baking tray, then bake for 35 minutes, or until dough is cooked through to your liking.
- Remove from oven and invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted fromBetty CrockerSKM: below-content placeholder