This creamy and zesty dish hits the spot, and the fact that we only used one pan means…
If your family loves south of the border meals as much as ours does, then you’re in for a treat! While our delicious and satisfying 1-Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken is super simple to make, the taste is anything but. We add bright and zesty flavors like onion, lime, and cilantro to bring authentic Mexican flare to this rich and creamy dish. Serve with a side of your favorite veggies (we love asparagus) and you’ve got a perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family!
Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
Serves 4; 45 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F and season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and, once hot, add chicken.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until chicken is nicely browned. Repeat on other side, then transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Return skillet to heat and add onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, then pour in chicken broth and lime juice. Season with cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Bring mixture to a boil, making sure to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Whisk heavy cream and butter into sauce until incorporated. Return chicken to skillet, then place in oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked, yet still tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and lime wedges, and serve with a side of asparagus.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction