When it comes to desserts, we’re pretty big on instant gratification, not liking to have to wait for hours before that delicious goodness gets in our belly. That’s why “no-bake” anything always appeals to us, and these bars are a particularly easy, indulgent treat that come together in a pinch.
If the name didn’t give it away, chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels are the stars of this dessert show, and the result is a perfectly creamy, sweet, salty confection that’s ideal for just about any occasion. If you can operate a microwave, you can master these bars…what are you waiting for? Grab your five ingredients and check ‘em out!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- 1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- pretzel sticks or rods, as needed
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Divide chocolate chips in half and microwave the first bowl (at 20-second increments) for 1 minute, or until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into lined baking sheet and smooth out into all the corners.
- Line pretzel sticks evenly over the chocolate, then place baking dish in freezer until chocolate sets. 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, powdered sugar and melted butter. Stir everything together until smooth.
- Remove baking dish from freezer and smooth peanut butter out over the pretzel rods.
- Melt remaining chocolate and drizzle it over the peanut butter. Carefully smooth it out, being careful not to transfer any of the peanut butter into the chocolate.
- Return bars to freezer and let chill for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately, or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker