Such a sweet little springtime treat – and they’re SO easy to make.
Looking for an easy-to-make treat with adorable Easter flair? Look no further than these little Chocolate Easter Egg Nests! They’re no-bake (i.e. super easy and quick to make) and they have an irresistible salty-sweet, melty-crunchy combo going on. I personally think they’re cute as can be and they’re a fun and simple activity to make with your kids. Even better? You only need four ingredients to make ’em.
You might have had a combo similar to this before in the form of Peanut Butter Haystacks but the lesson to be learned is really that crunchy chow mein noodles make for great candy and there’s a wide range of flavors you can combine them with. These little nests use chocolate chips and just enough peanut butter chips to give them a hint of a nutty flavor, but the chocolate is the main flavor coming through.
The process is just a matter of melting the chocolate and peanut butter chips in the microwave and then stirring the chow mein noodles in quickly. Spoon out the mixture into little nest shapes, top each one with a few candied eggs, and your work is done! They set up in no time as well – just a few minutes in the fridge and they’re ready to snack on. If you can bear to bite into something so cute, that is.
No-Bake Chocolate Easter Egg Nests
Yield 24 cookies
5m prep time
20m cook time
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 (5 oz) can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup egg candies
- Line a baking tray with wax paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and microwave at 50% for 1 minute. Stir.
- Continue microwaving in 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted if necessary.
- Add chow mein noodles and quickly stir to coat completely.
- Drop mixture by the spoonful onto prepared tray and press down to form a nest shape. Press 3 candy eggs into the center of each nest.
- Let sit at room temperature or chill until set. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Hersheyland.