You can have your home-cooked meal on the table in less than 30 minutes!
When it comes to delicious comfort food, there’s really not much we can think of that beats a good stroganoff – especially when all you need to cook it is a single skillet! One of our favorite parts about this dish is the addition of snow peas, which sneak in the refreshing crunch of a healthy veggie. (The kids even loved it!) This is truly one of the best stroganoff recipes we’ve found because it’s everything we love – fast, yummy and requires very little clean-up. On a night when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen slaving over a meal, but you want to satiate your craving for a belly full of home cooked goodness, we’ve got your answer. This easy meal can be whipped up in under 30 minutes! How awesome is that?!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 12 ounces (1 bag) wide egg noodles or green ribbon pasta
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions and snow peas and sauté for 4-6 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, until no longer pink.
- To make a roux, whisk in flour then add half and half, chicken broth, Dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce. Continue to whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook 4-6 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add mushrooms, onions and snow peas back into the pan and reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream or plain Greek yogurt and add paprika, salt and pepper.
- Serve over egg noodles or green ribbon pasta and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Center Cut Cook