You’d never guess this tasty dessert only needs three ingredients to whip up!
The name dump cake may not sound super appetizing, but these gems are the easiest way to make a warm and fresh dessert with barely any effort, and the flavor combinations are practically endless. This cherry dump cake only requires three ingredients and a slow cooker, which makes it perfect for those days when you want a sweet treat without having to turn on the oven.
We also love this particular recipe because we get to enjoy pie filling with moist cake – the ultimate combination of two amazing desserts! It’s also extremely easy to transport, making it perfect for potlucks or family functions. Make this recipe for your next gathering and we guarantee it will be devoured!
Cherry Dump Cake
5 minutes active; 2-4 hours inactive
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (21 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, garnish
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with butter or nonstick spray, or use a slow cooker liner for easy clean-up.
- In a large bowl, cut cubed butter into cake mix and mix together until butter is coarse and crumbly.
- Pour cherry pie filling into slow cooker, then cover with cake topping.
- Turn slow cooker on HIGH and cook for 2 hours, or until cake is golden brown and cherry filling is hot and bubbly.
- Transfer cake to serving bowls and serve hot, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Life Love Liz