When it comes to Italian food, picking a favorite can be nearly impossible. So we say you shouldn’t have to! This easy pasta bake combines two favorite comfort foods in one. With a base of chewy spaghetti and a topping of flavorful tomato sauce that’s scattered with spicy pepperoni and melted cheese, you get all the classic flavors you know and love… but in casserole form!
This is one of those standby weeknight dinners that we can always turn to when we’re looking for something we know the whole family will love. It’s quick to throw together and it’s just the kind of crowd-pleasing comfort food we’re all about. A quick green salad alongside makes this an easy – and delicious – meal.
Make sure that when you cook your pasta, you cook it 1 to 2 minutes less than the package directions indicate. It will keep cooking in the oven and this ensures that you don’t end up with mushy pasta. We like to chop our pepperoni extra small and scatter it evenly over the top so that every bite has a burst of that flavor, but you could absolutely leave the slices whole. Up to you!
We love the classic pepperoni flavor, but you could try any of your favorite topping combos. Maybe ham and pineapple or sausage and black olives? In any case, this is the dish to turn to the next time you can’t decide between pasta night or pizza night. Happy eating!
Cheesy Pizza Spaghetti Bake
45 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 1 (16 oz) package spaghetti
- 1 cup pepperoni, finely chopped
- 2 (15 oz each) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated and divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cook spaghetti per package instructions, undercooking by 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Toss with the drained spaghetti and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Mix together tomato sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and basil and pour over spaghetti. Sprinkle with chopped pepperoni and top with remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Enjoy!