Looking for a dip that’s creamy and cheesy but also packed with tons of flavor? (Isn’t the answer to that always?) Then this dip is your answer. It’s one that literally never disappoints. When you look at it, the first thing you probably see is the layer of molten melty cheese that tops it. But, oh boy, is there so much more going on underneath.
It’s creamy but just cheesy enough with a zesty kick and plenty of pops of sweet corn. And while tortilla chips are the perfect dipper here, anything you choose to dip into it really becomes secondary, just a crunchy vehicle to get all that goodness into your mouth.
See, there are sweet corn kernels, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno, and green chiles – most of which have taken a turn in a hot skillet to get browned and a bit caramelized before they get mixed into a creamy base of sour cream, mayo, and cream cheese.
And then it all bakes, with that extra layer of Monterey Jack over the top, of course. That way you get a blanket of stretchy melted cheese but there’s also cheese running throughout the creamy dip below. That cheesy creaminess tempers the heat from the jalapenos and green chiles so it’s not overwhelming – it still has a bit of a kick but it’s an awfully delicious one.
Cheesy Hot Corn Dip
Serves 6; 10 minutes prep, 30 minutes cook time
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add corn and garlic and cook until corn is golden brown, working in batches if needed to avoid crowding pan. Remove corn to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil and bell pepper, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add to bowl of corn.
- Add half of the cheese to the bowl, followed by the jalapeno, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, and green chiles. Stir to combine and transfer to baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from I Heart Naptime.