This is the ultimate comfort food. After all, who can resist the all-star combination of cheese, bacon, and ranch, mixed with our favorite side of all time: potatoes! We just love all things potatoes, from our creamy slow cooker herb potatoes, to our classic cheesy funeral potatoes, we thought we had tried every single way to serve potatoes! Oh boy were we glad to be wrong! This dish is not for the faint of heart; with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and a bit of mayonnaise, all topped with crispy bacon – you’ll be loosening your belt by the bottom of the pan! It’s okay to splurge every once in awhile, and these potatoes are worth every calorie!
The key to success in this dish is cooking the potatoes all the way through. Potatoes are notoriously tricky to cook evenly in the oven. Our favorite trick for getting perfect potatoes in the oven is to simmer the chopped potatoes in salt water until they are soft but not all the way cooked. Then mix in the other ingredients. In this recipe, it helps to have the potatoes slightly warmed so that the cheese gets nice and melted before bubbling up in the oven. This is definitely our new favorite way to serve potatoes, and the whole family agrees. These cheesy bacon ranch potatoes are perfect for the next potluck, side dish, or even main dish for any meal. You may even want to make two batches. Don’t say we didn’t warn you – there won’t be a crumb left!
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large pot, add chopped potatoes and 2 teaspoons of salt. Cover with water and simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, ranch mix, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir in potatoes, onion, pepper, salt, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Add 1/2 of the bacon and mix.
- Pour the cheesy potato mixture into the prepared pan, cover with aluminum foil, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon, and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with rosemary, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen.