Parents everywhere are definitely going to want to pay close attention to this one. Our children’s safety is of the utmost importance and this video provides us with a crucial reminder of that.
A terrified mother who goes by @morethanjustamother on TikTok shared a moment when her child’s rear-facing car seat got really hot. Fortunately, it did not actually catch fire and her child was not in it at the time.
According to her video, the back seat mirror is the culprit.
It allegedly began to reflect harsh light through her tinted windows onto the car seat cover’s fabric. While car seats are required to be flame resistant, car seat covers can be any material.
“To all the parents out there, just be aware of how quickly this can happen. I’m so glad it didn’t happen while my daughter was strapped in,” she wrote in the video’s caption.
“If you have a car seat, you need to watch this, because I didn’t even know this was a thing until it literally just happened — and it could have been so much worse,” she says when the video begins.
Many people in the comments noted that it’s not a car seat issue, but a user error issue related to the flammable car seat cover.
Check out her video below:
to all the parents out there, just be aware of how quickly this can happen. I’m so glad it didn’t happen while my daughter was strapped in. #diono #carseat #parents #parentsoftiktok #momsoftiktok
♬ original sound – 𝑁𝑎𝑡𝑎𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑎 𝐹𝑢𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔
SKM: below-content placeholder