If you’re looking for a simple snack that’s positively irresistible, look no further than these Candied Bacon Crackers. They combine the crunch of a butter cracker with the smoky sweetness of candied bacon and you only need three ingredients to make them. (Five, if you count a pinch of cayenne and a pinch of black pepper as ingredients!) I love them as an alternative to crackers and dip, but they’re also a great way to round out a snack spread for your next party.
It’s hard to believe that something this delicious can be so simple to make, but it really is so, so simple. Here’s all you do: You take a bunch of butter crackers and line them up on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Then, you take some sliced bacon and place it over the crackers. Then, you sprinkle some brown sugar on each piece along with a little bit of cayenne and black pepper. And bake. That’s it!
The sugar dissolves in the oven and hardens after it comes out into a nice candy finish and the cayenne adds just the tiniest kick to balance the sweetness. These are surprisingly great dipped in ranch or a sour cream dip… but even all on their own they make for supreme snacking!
Candied Bacon Crackers
5m prep time
15m cook time
- 1 package rectangular butter crackers
- 8-10 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- A pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on top.
- Arrange crackers on wire rack, leaving some space in between.
- Slice bacon into thirds or fourths, depending on what fits crackers best. Place bacon lengthwise on each cracker.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of each slice of bacon, about 1 heaping teaspoon per cracker. Top with cayenne and black pepper.
- Bake until brown sugar starts to melt and bacon becomes crisp, 15-20 minutes.
- Allow crackers to cool and harden before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Tip Hero.