The beauty of a quick bread is that you can eat it any time at all. It’s a great on-the-go breakfast, a tasty afternoon snack, and can even make up the better part of a filling lunch. They’re quick, they’re easy, and when you happen upon a recipe that’s incredibly delicious – what’s not to love about quick bread? This Apple-Brown Sugar version checks all those boxes. We love it because it takes practically no time at all to get it in the oven, but it’s bursting with the sweet flavor of brown sugar and juiciness of apples.
This bread mixes up quickly in one bowl, we don’t even bother getting out the electric mixer for this one. The apples keep the bread moist and they almost melt away into the bread. They impart an extra hint of sweetness but don’t overpower with their flavor, letting the brown sugar shine through. We like ours with just a hint of cinnamon, but feel free to add more if you’d like a heavier cinnamon flavor. We think it’s delicious just as is, but slather it up with some butter, or even sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar over that, and oh boy, you’ll be happy as a clam.
Apple-Brown Sugar Bread
1 hour, 15 minutes to prepare serves 8-10
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 4x8-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and stir to combine.
- Add baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and stir until well incorporated. Then, add flour and mix until combined. Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 10-15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.