Just what I want to come home to after a long day!
Warm and comforting soups are our downfall in the colder months and this thick, cheesy soup is the best of the best. While it seems like a long list of ingredients to work with, this beer cheese soup is really easy to make and absolutely what you want to indulge in at the end of a long day. We’ll let the recipe speak for itself, just trust us when we say it’s delicious!
Beer Cheese Soup
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup lager beer
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat and sauté carrot and celery until softened. 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour in and cook, stirring consistently, for 2 minutes, then pour in chicken stock.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute, then reduce heat and stir in heavy cream, cheddar cheeses and cream cheese.
- Mix until smooth, then stir in beer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then ladle into serving bowls and serve hot.
Recipe adapted fromThe KitchnSKM: below-content placeholder