It’s all about balance of flavor and texture, and this salad has it all.
While you can probably find most of these ingredients much of the year, this is a salad that feels like a celebration of summer’s bounty. It’s packed with sweet corn, bright juicy tomatoes, velvety avocado, and plenty of crunch and since it’s so flavorful I always find it’s a great option to bring to potlucks in lieu of the usual pasta or potato salad.
It’s so quick and easy to make that it’s a lunch favorite around here too. All you really need to do is chop a few things up, add a couple of seasonings and you’re good to go!
You don’t really even need to make a dressing for this. You’re going to toss everything with cilantro, garlic, and cumin anyway, so all this needs is a little drizzle of olive oil and lime juice to finish it off. The tartness of the lime juice plays off the sweetness in the corn and tomatoes so nicely!
It’s all about the balance of flavors and textures here and this salad really has it all. From crunchy red onion to creamy avocado, it’ll definitely keep your tastebuds happy. And you too, since it takes mere minutes to make!
Avocado Corn Salad
Serves 6 Prep 10m
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, corn, avocado, red onion, cilantro, and garlic cloves.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with cumin and toss. Drizzle with oil and lime juice and gently toss to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Natasha's Kitchen.