We made this for the first time a couple of weeks ago and our family can’t get enough!
We’re always on the lookout for dinners that are easy and delicious, so it’s no wonder we love this Amish Country casserole so much! We’re not exactly sure what the story is behind this dish, but we’re super glad we made it and can’t wait to share it with you. Basically a creamy, cheesy, beefy pasta bake, this is a comforting dinner that we love to make and that our family loves to eat – you’ll see!
Part of what makes this dish so yummy are the liquids we added to provide creaminess; tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup, and a (generous) “splash” of half-and-half. While you’re more than welcome to make said soups from scratch – we’re sure it would be delicious! – using store-bought keeps this meal quick and easy, and we can’t argue with that.
Amish Country Casserole
Serves 6; 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 oz. egg noodles
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can tomato soup
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F, and bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions, or until al dente.
- Cook beef in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until browned. Drain fat, then add onion and garlic, and cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix together tomato and cream of mushroom soup in a large bowl, then stir in half-and-half and Worcestershire sauce. Season with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, then stir everything together to combine.
- Mix cooked noodles and ground beef and onion mixture into wet ingredients, then transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan over the top of casserole, then place baking dish in oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken