You’ll be lucky if you have any leftovers!
Alexis A. shared one of her family’s favorite side dishes in the 12 Tomatoes “Family Favorites Thanksgiving Sides” recipe contest. Her entry for “Alexis’ Famous Hashbrown Casserole” is a combination of savory and crunchy, and when you’ve got dynamic textures and flavors in a dish, you know it’s going to be special. Frozen hashbrowns, Cream of Mushroom soup, and sharp cheddar cheese are baked together in a casserole dish and there’s a special ingredient that adds a little something extra, ranch dressing. And another classic ingredient like crispy French fried onions on top and you’ll be lucky if you have any leftovers. Yum!
Alexis' Famous Hashbrown Casserole by Alexis A.
- 2 lb. bag frozen hashbrowns (homestyle or shredded, your choice)
- 2 small cans condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1-2 large bags/cans French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Stir all ingredients together (except the french fried onions) in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a 13" x 9" casserole dish, or even a disposable foil lasagna pan will do! Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the French fried onions. Bake 5 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- SIDE NOTE: You can also add in about a cup each of any desired diced meats or veggies you want! If the mixture seems a little dry while stirring it together, add a little more ranch dressing at a time. Some of my favorite add-in(s) combination(s) are diced chicken and broccoli; diced onion, red and green bell peppers, or jalapeño instead of green bell pepper for some kick; and diced ham.