Behold the ice-box peppermint stick in all it’s minty goodness.
When we think of our favorite treats for the Holiday Season, the first thing that comes to mind is peppermint. Whether we’re eating pieces of peppermint bark or a brick of chocolate-peppermint fudge, we think the flavor hits the spot during the winter months. But the king of all peppermint goodies is the candy cane. We love candy canes so much that we’ve incorporated them into one of our favorite, Holiday recipes: white chocolate peppermint sticks. This recipe is so easy!
The trick is finding a great ice cube tray. We prefer to use a silicone tray with cylindrical molds. It makes a huge difference when freeing the peppermint sticks out of the mold. Plus, the end-product is adorable. It really gives it that “peppermint stick” shape.
And trays like this are only a few bucks. You can order your own here!
This recipe is perfect for upcoming holiday parties with your family or at the office. These peppermint sticks also make great presents for the special people in your life. All you have to do is put your ingredients into the ice tray and freeze them. After they’ve hardened you can put them in a jar, wrap them with ribbon, or simply eat them till they’re gone!
‘Tis the season for giving, so spread some cheer by sharing some peppermint sticks!
Ice-Box Peppermint Sticks
(Makes about 10 peppermint sticks)
- 1 box of candy canes (12 count)
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Place your candy canes in a freezer bag. After sealing the bag, crush the candy canes into small pieces with rolling pin or a tenderizing mallet.
- Melt your white chocolate in a double boiler on your stove at low heat.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add in your crushed candy canes 1/2 cup at a time until there are enough for your liking.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and remove your mixture from the stove.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate mixture into the ice cube tray. Put the tray into the freezer for an hour or until the mixture has fully hardened.