Looking for an easy, tasty, unique fall snack? I’ve got just the thing! This 4-Ingredient Caramel Apple Bark is just that – simple to make, deliciously decadent, and is sure to have everyone begging for more.
With caramel, chocolate, apples, and pretzels, this little treat is sweet and salty with a burst of tart flavor from the apples. I love that it’s a lighter snack, which means I can have five pieces in one sitting, right?
This really is the easiest recipe. The hardest part is waiting for an hour and a half until everything sets. You’ll start by spreading out some parchment paper on a sheet pan. Then, microwave milk chocolate chips in 15-second intervals, stirring in between each until nice and smooth. Spread the chocolate in an even layer over the parchment paper, making a rectangular shape as much as possible.
Next, sprinkle on mini pretzels over the chocolate. Dice up the apples and dab with a paper towel to remove as much of the moisture as possible. Mix the apple chunks in with caramel sauce and spread over the pretzel layer. Place the sheet pan in the fridge for 30 minutes.
After the 30 minutes are up, take the caramel apple bark out and melt the remaining chocolate chips, drizzling the sauce on top. That’s it! If you want, you can sprinkle a bit of sea salt over everything for an added crunch and a bit more salty flavor. Place the caramel apple bark in the fridge for an additional hour before slicing up and enjoying.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you – this stuff is truly addicting! You’ll be making batches of this all during fall, and probably throughout the year as well. Go ahead and check out the recipe below for the full instructions.
4-Ingredient Caramel Apple Bark
Makes 1 pan of Caramel Apple Bark
15m prep time
1h 30m inactive
- 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 green apple
- 13.5 oz caramel dip
- 16 oz bag of Pretzels
- Place 1 3/4 cups of chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl and melt in the microwave in 15-second intervals.
- Pour melted chocolate onto parchment paper and use a rubber spatula to spread it into the shape of a rectangle.
- Spread an even layer of pretzels over the chocolate.
- Dice the apple and dab with a paper towel to get rid of as much moisture as possible. Mix apple chunks into caramel sauce then spread on top of pretzels.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle it on top. Return to fridge for an hour. Cut the bark into pieces and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from My Heavenly Recipes.