I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it with my own eyes, but this 2-ingredient Ice Cream Bread is legit! Not only is the end result a sweet, moist, dense dessert bread, but it really is as easy as combining ice cream and flour, stirring, and popping it in the oven.
The ice cream contains all the sugar and dairy needed, and the self-rising flour has baking powder and salt, so you have all the basic building blocks of an incredible dessert right there! I added sprinkles on top of the bread before putting it in the oven to give it a fun pop of color, but you can leave them off if you prefer.
My absolute favorite part about this recipe is that you can have dozens of variations. Any ice cream works as long as it’s full-fat dairy and mixed with self-rising flour. The possibilities are endless! Rocky road with some chocolate chunks mixed in, cookies and cream ice cream with Oreos sprinkled on top, strawberry ice cream with fresh fruit folded in… I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! Go ahead and try this basic recipe first, and then see how many different combinations you can do. I can’t wait to try them all!
To get started on this seriously easy recipe, preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Then, combine ice cream and flour in a large bowl. Stir until just combined. This recipe calls for self-rising flour, which is important! If you only have all-purpose flour on hand, go ahead and add 1 tablespoon of baking powder + 3/4 teaspoon of salt to the 1 1/2 cups of flour.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth with a spatula and top with rainbow sprinkles, if desired. Bake on the center rack for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes, then flip it out of the pan and let cool completely. Slice and serve!
2-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
Makes 1 loaf
5m prep time
40m cook time
- 2 cups vanilla bean full-fat ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour (Note: If using all-purpose flour, add 1 tablespoon of baking powder + 3/4 teaspoon salt)
- Optional: Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and flour. Stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth with a spatula and top with rainbow sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake on the center rack for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, then flip it out of the pan and let cool completely. Slice and serve!
Recipe adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian.