The magic of pasta is that you can get a restaurant worthy meal on the table in less than fifteen minutes, and that’s just what happens with our 15-minute Garlic Butter Mushroom Spaghetti. Even though it’s a dish that’s made up of just a handful of ingredients and is super quick to come together, it’s positively full of flavor thanks to a garlicky butter sauce and plenty of tender, earthy mushrooms.
So when I say “sauce” here, I don’t want you to get the impression that there’s anything complicated to put together. The reality is this can’t get much easier. You just sauté some mushrooms in butter while the pasta boils…
… and once they’re tender, you add in the garlic (five cloves!), some reserved pasta cooking water, and Parmesan cheese. The starch from the pasta water helps bind everything together and the melted cheese is just enough to give the pasta and mushrooms a nice coating.
It’s so simple to make but the flavors are outstanding, making it an ideal dinner when you’re feeling too busy to cook or are so famished that you want something on the table quick.
Garlic Butter Mushroom Spaghetti
5m prep time
10m cook time
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, but reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- While pasta cooks, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and remaining butter and cook 1 minute more.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking water, and Parmesan to skillet. Toss until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if needed, add parsley and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Salty Marshmallow.