Roasted root vegetables are an excellent source of nutrients and a great way to utilize these veggies in a tasty way, since they’re generally not given as much attention as other, non-root compatriots. This vibrant dishmade even more so if you decide to include beetsrequires little effort, apart from the prep work, and tastes great paired with anything! Plus, it’s really filling, so if you have a main course that’s on the lighter side and you want to beef if up a little, this recipe is perfect!
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 8-12 carrots, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1-2 large parsnips, peeled and
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves and unpeeled
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 celery root, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, de-stemmed
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place all vegetables in a large bowl and pour in olive oil.
- Season generously with salt, pepper and rosemary, and toss to make sure everything is coated.
- Spread vegetables out onto baking sheet in an even layer and place in oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and starting to crisp. Stir once halfway through cooking.
- Remove vegetables from oven and serve hot
Recipe adapted from Tori Avey