As far as we're concerned, brownies should be considered a food group on their own. There are so many ways to make these ooey-gooey, fudge-y squares, and this way is one of our favorites! These brownies are thick, chewy, tangy and sweet; the cream cheese and raspberries work so well together and fit perfectly with the rich chocolate! If you need to save time, you can use a box mix, but you should absolutely include the raspberry cream cheese filling, since it makes the whole thing magical!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies
Yields 12-16 brownie squares
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate, grated
- 1 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberries, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F and butter an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl and microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted (1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds).
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat 3 eggs and 1 cup sugar on high speed until thick and fluffy. 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce speed and add melted chocolate and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Slowly add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour half of brownie batter into baking dish.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and remaining vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Gently spoon mixture over brownie batter and lightly set raspberries into the cream cheese.
- Pour remaining brownie batter over the top, place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Recipes adapted from Bake Or Break