Sometimes we’re just in the mood for some fast food, but really who knows what’s in that? What if we could have the same taste and make it at home? That’s exactly what we wanted to do with perhaps one of the most famous burgers ever: The Big Mac.
The secret to the Big Mac, of course, is the sauce. Well, it’s not actually a secret. The ingredients have been publicly availablefor a while. After we had the sauce made, it was just a matter of cooking the burger and assembling just right. normally in a Big Mac, there is a third bun between the two patties, but to avoid the extra bread, we left that out an instead added sliced tomatoes to the burger. With just a little work, the burger came out just right and tasted even better (in this cook’s opinion) than the fast food variety. Keep reading below for this delicious recipe…
Big Mac Burger
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 sesame seed bun
- 2 beef hamburger patties (about 1/4lb each)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons diced onions
- 3 slices American cheese
- 2 slices pickles
- 3 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until there are no streaks left. Microwave for 25 seconds, then stir again. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. This should be enough sauce for about 8 burgers.
- Once the sauce is done refrigerating, make the burgers. Toast the bun, then set aside. Sprinkle the patties with salt and pepper on both sides, then cook in a skillet over medium heat, flipping once halfway through.
- To assemble the Big Mac follow these instructionsfrom the bottom up: Bun, lettuce sauce, onion, beef, cheese, 2 slices tomato, lettuce, beef, cheese, sauce, two slices tomato, onion, cheese, lettuce, bun to top.
Recipe adapted fromBeneboy