When it comes to holiday planning, some people meticulously chart out the way they’re going to tackle all their upcoming festivities and some people tend more to fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants. Regardless of how much time you did or did not spend planning, it’s good to have an easy recipe in your wheelhouse that doesn’t take up more stove or oven space. This no-bake pumpkin pie recipe will be there for you no matter what!
Pumpkin pie is a holiday staple and it has spawned a variety of iterations, including pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin bread and even pumpkin coffee drinks. This pumpkin dessert is a hybrid, composed of cream cheese, pudding and whipped topping and it’s absolutely delicious. A sweet cream cheese filling topped with spiced pumpkin pudding make this treat perfect, and you can make it a day ahead of time so it’s one less thing to worry about on the big day!
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
- 2 (3.4 oz.) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (15 oz.) can unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) whipped topping, frozen and thawed, divided (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup cold milk, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- toasted peanuts, optional
- caramel sauce, optional
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar and 1 tablespoon milk together and mix together. (You can do this by hand, but it’s easier to beat cream cheese with a mixer.)
- Carefully fold in 1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pie crust.
- In a second large bowl, mix together 1 cup cold milk and instant pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes. Let rest 2-3 minutes until semi-set.
- Gently stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves, and mix well.
- Spread mixture over cream cheese layer and smooth over the top.
- Refrigerate pie for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until well set.
- Garnish with whipped topping or peanuts and caramel sauce and serve chilled.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl