We think weâ€™ve stumbled upon a stroke of sweet genius with this absolutely amazing treat. Thereâ€™s really no better way to combine two of our favorite guilty pleasures than putting chocolate and cheesecake together in a one cookie. At first glance these appear to be a simple chocolate cookie, but one bite reveals a hidden treasure – sweet cream cheese. Donâ€™t gobble them up too quickly! These cookies are meant to be savored.
If youâ€™re looking to step up your cookie game, we definitely recommend giving these a try. Itâ€™s hard to resist the heavenly combination of chocolatey sweetness and creamy filling. This is a great way to jazz up the usual cookie routine and makes for a unique bake sale item, something a little different from the usual chocolate chip or snickerdoodle. Go ahead and make yourself an extra special treat – we hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Chocolatey Cheesecake Cookies
1 hour to prepare 16-20 cookies
- Chocolate Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 â…” cups all purpose flour
- Â½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Â½ cup granulated sugar
- Â¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature and cubed
- â…“ cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until creamy. 2-3 minutes. Add egg yolk and vanilla and continue mixing until just combined.
- With mixer on medium-low speed, slowly add flour, salt and baking soda, mixing until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Refrigerate cookie dough and freeze the cream cheese for 15-20 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoonful of cookie dough and roll into a ball, then press ball flat to make a disk. In center of disk place a teaspoon-sized scoop of cream cheese mixture, also rolled into a ball, then wrap disk around cream cheese and roll into a ball.
- Place each cookie at least 1-inch apart on an non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from How Sweet Eats