We love when the bread is delivered to our table before a meal, when we can dive into the basket and keep our hunger at bay, but we absolutely go crazy for the places where they forego the traditional bread and instead bring us something delectable like focaccia or cheesy breadsticks. Here, we’ve got a recipe for you that will recreate that pre-dinner excitement and blow people away with its amazing flavor: garlic cheese bombs.
These little guys are really easy to make, yet pack a huge punch with all the cheese (parmesan and mozzarella), garlic and spices – no one can say no to them!!
Garlic Cheese Bombs
- 1 (16 oz.) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (non-flaky)
- 5 mozzarella cheese sticks (cut into 4) or 20 mini mozzarella balls
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease 2 mini muffin tins or 1 large baking sheet with butter or non-stick spray.
- Take refrigerated biscuits and cut each one in half, then roll each half out until it’s 1/4-inch thick.
- Place one mozzarella ball on the edge of your dough strip and roll dough over the cheese until it wraps over itself.
- Repeat with remaining dough bombs and transfer to greased muffin tin(s) or baking sheet.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine butter with minced garlic and microwave until melted (30-45 seconds)
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, parmesan, parsley, Italian seasoning and salt, then brush 1/2 butter mixture over the dough balls.
- Place them in oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove garlic bombs from oven and toss them all in remaining butter/cheese mixture and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic