We’ve raved about homemade dog treats before, but these frozen treats really take the cake – they’re little candy corn treats for when you want to celebrate Halloween with your fur babies! We used our favorite paw print ice cube tray to make these suckers extra cute, then filled them up with an assortment of yogurt, pumpkin and banana to easily create a healthy snack to further get you and your pups into the spirit of the season.
Click HERE To Order Your Paw Print Ice Cube Trays
To make these, we doled out our ingredients into resealable plastic baggies, then snipped off the corner to create a piping bag, perfect for filling in our ice cube trays. You’re welcome to use a spoon, but we found that the piping method kept everything clean and made the whole process a breeze. As we get closer to the end of the month, keep your freezer stocked with these yummy treats – you’ll love watching your pups devour these just as much as they’ll enjoy eating them!
Candy Corn Dog Treats
Yield: depends on size of ice cube tray
- 1-2 small bananas
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- silicon ice cube tray
- Fill ice cube trays 1/3 full with plain yogurt, then place molds in the freezer. Freeze for 1-2 hours, or until yogurt is set.
- In a small bowl or glass, mix together 1/2 cup yogurt with canned pumpkin. Stir until combined, then pour over frozen yogurt in ice cube molds, making sure to leave space at the top for third layer.
- Return to freezer for another 1-2 hours, or until set.
- Mash banana(s) in a small bowl and stir in any remaining yogurt, then pour over frozen pumpkin layer in mold.
- Freeze until set.
- Pop treats out and serve as needed.
Recipe adapted from Beagles and Bargains