While you may have seen some of our other takes on no-bake oat cookies (original and sugar-free), these new ones are just as good, if not better! We can’t get enough of the sweet and simple, chocolate-hazelnut spread that is Nutella, so it’s only natural that we’d try our hardest to put it into as many recipes as possible, oat cookies included...thankfully, these Nutella no-bakes were a smashing success and super easy to boot!
Nutella No-Bake Oat Cookies
Yield: 3-4 dozen
- 2 1/2-3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup milk (2% or whole)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- Line 2-3 baking sheets (depending on size of cookies) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together sugar, milk, butter and cocoa powder until sugar is dissolved and mixture is combined and smooth.
- Raise heat and bring mixture to a boil. Stirring often, cook for another 1 minute.
- Mix in nutella until smooth, then add vanilla extract and salt.
- Working quickly, remove saucepan from heat and stir in oats, making sure oats are thoroughly coated in nutella mixture.
Note: quantity of oats may vary depending on how runny or thick mixture is. Amount is to taste.
- Using a spoon, drop equal-sized cookies onto parchment-lined baking trays and transfer trays to the freezer to set.
Note: refrigerator is fine, but we like to put them in the freezer so they chill faster.
Recipe adapted from 12 Tomatoes