What’s better than a hearty, tasty casserole, you ask? Basically nothing!
We can’t get enough of piping hot dishes, fresh out of the oven, and bursting with flavor. This one is full of beef and potatoes - with lots of cheese for added yumminess - and it’s guaranteed to make (and keep) the whole family happy! No need to get into a cooking rut, this is just the thing to spice things up again!
Beef And Potato Scramble Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (your choice), peeled and diced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté potatoes until tender. 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add ground beef and onions to the skillet and cook until beef is browned and onions are tender. Season with garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Drain fat from pan and transfer beef and onions to the same bowl as potatoes. Place beef, onions and potatoes into greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and eggs, and stir in cheddar cheese. Pour mixture over beef and vegetables and stir everything together.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and everything is warmed through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Enjoy Your Cooking