Waffles are breakfast royalty. Whenever we get a chance to make them, we do. Breakfast, dinner, dessert? Waffles. They’re amazing! They’re even designed to make their consumption easier with little pockets to fill up with syrup and fruit! But we’re in the renaissance of cooking. Exciting flavor combinations are coming out of the woodwork so quickly that even a classic like the waffle is becoming more exciting!
Which is why we bring you the peanut butter and banana dessert waffle. There are multiple layers of deliciousness going on here. First, the peanut butter waffle stands alone as a great breakfast treat. Secondly, you have the school lunch inspired peanut butter and bananas. But the kicker is the marshmallow fluff, which brings the element of the fluffernutter into play. This recipe is perfect for an after-school treat or for a weekend breakfast. The new age of waffles is now!
Peanut Butter and Banana Dessert Waffles
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat your waffle iron to highest setting.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add creamy peanut butter, milk, and vanilla to your bowl.
- Stir together until all of the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat your egg whites for one minute.
- Fold your egg whites into the rest of your ingredients.
- Coat the cooking surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron and cook waffles for about three minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Chop bananas into small discs while the waffles are cooking.
- Heat up the chunky peanut butter and marshmallow fluff in separate saucepans until they become runny.
- Place a waffle on the first plate. Top with bananas and chocolate chips first.
- Add your waffles the warm peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.
- Repeat for each waffle plate.
Recipe adapted from Primavera Kitchen