Baked potatoes, we’d say, are fairly utilized and enjoyed in the states. However, jacket potatoes, as they’re called in England, are super utilized, super stuffed and you can find them all over the place! We wanted to try the English approach and beef up our potatoes with some cottage cheese and herbs to really make ‘em shine.
Perfect for a side dish, appetizer (when cut into smaller pieces), or an easy stand-alone meal, these tots are really tasty and will prove their worth when you bite into them. We like to dig into them when it’s cold and dark outside, but you can make them whenever you like!
Cottage Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup (low-fat) cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425º F and place rack in the center of oven.
- Use a fork to prick your potatoes in several places and place directly on oven rack. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together cottage cheese and sour cream until combined.
- Then add in onions, cheese, dill, chives and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cut in half lengthwise and across.
- Spoon heaping amount of cottage cheese mixture into potato.
Optional: return to oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Spark Recipes