For a tasty and balanced dinner, this casserole is absolutely perfect! A lot of times we get carried away with elaborate meals that involve a complicated, long list of ingredients and a lot of concentration…we wanted to tone things down a bit and simplify the process, while still getting a hearty meal with great flavor.
Boiling chicken is not our preferred method of cooking it, because you can sometimes lose the best flavor, but we’ve fixed that problem by cooking all of our ingredients in chicken broth! This boosts the flavor and keeps the chicken incredibly moist. Once everything has had its time in the Jacuzzi, transfer it all to your baking dish and pop it in the oven to heat through and finish cooking. Sounds like a plan to us!
Chicken And Potato Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds red potatoes, rinsed
- 1 pound green beans
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine chicken broth and water in a large stockpot. Cut potatoes into wedges, place in stockpot and bring up to a boil.
- Lay chicken out on a clean surface and season liberally with salt and pepper. Then cut chicken into 2-inch strips.
- Cook potatoes until just fork tender, about 12 minutes, then add green beans and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove potatoes and green beans and place in a casserole dish.
- Add chicken pieces into the boiling broth and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken using a slotted spoon and transfer to casserole dish along with potatoes and green beans.
- Pour in 1/3 cup cooking water, place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, transfer to serving plate and serve hot.