Considering we’re in the kitchen all the time, it’s only natural that we end up brainstorming new and different things to try out, both for ourselves and our families, and for our pets.
We love our furry family members so much, we can’t help but spoil them with fresh and healthy treats that they devour in seconds...plus, we simply can’t get enough of those little paw prints! Our dogs love this recipe (and we love it for it’s fresh simplicity), but combined with this muffin tin, these pupcakes really couldn't get any better!
Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
Yield: 3-4 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease your pan (we love this one!) with butter or non-stick spray.
- Combine oats, baking powder and baking soda in food processor and pulse for 10-15 seconds, or until mixture is finely ground.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a separate, large bowl, use two forks to mash your bananas, then mix in egg, peanut butter and water. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add ground oat mixture to bananas and mix until fully incorporated and combined, then fold in grated carrot.
- Pour batter into muffin tin until each is 3/4 full and bake, rotating pan(s) in the middle, for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving to your pups!
Recipe adapted from Food