For carb-lovers, this recipe is a godsend. We love making our own bread, pizzas, and pastries, but it’s such a hassle making dough that requires kneading and hours of resting, that we don’t do it very often. That’s why this recipe of ours is so great - homemade dough that you can make in under half an hour, no wait-time!
Yield: approx. 1 pound
- 2 1/2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water or milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl or glass, combine 1/2 cup warm water with yeast and sugar. Stir together and let rest 5-10 minutes, or until frothy.
Note: if mixture is not bubbly, discard and start again.
- Combine 2 cups flour with yeast mixture, remaining water, olive oil and salt, and mix together until a shaggy dough forms.
- Gradually continue adding flour until dough is smooth, then let rest 10 minutes.
- Use dough immediately, store in refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for later use.
Recipe adapted from Something Swanky