You may have already noticed that we’re on a homemade dog treat kick, but that’s just because it was only recently that we realized how much better it is for our furry family members when we make their snacks from scratch. We used store-bought treats for a long time, but were always a little worried by the fact that we didn’t know exactly what the ingredients were or how many nutrients our pups were getting...it just made sense to start making them ourselves!
We’ve shown you our favorite applesauce and peanut butter treats (that our dogs devour every time), but the big discovery today is this awesome Bake-A-Bone dog treat maker that perfectly shapes and cooks your dog treats into the cutest little bones. Given how much we love our pups - and our tendencies to spoil them rotten - the Bake-A-Bone is absolutely perfect and we’re thrilled with the results; plus, so are our dogs!!
Carrot Cake Dog Treats
- 2 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon all-natural honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bake A Bone dog treat maker
- Plug in Bake-a-Bone, when green light comes on, its ready to bake.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Using a SILICONE or RUBBER spatula, spoon the batter into the lower bone mold.
- Close unit and bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 30 minutes.