You won’t go back to your average bundt cakes after you try this one…
When it comes to bundt cakes, we’re used to all sorts of dessert variations – lemon, chocolate, cinnamon apple – but this isn’t like other bundt cakes. The bundt cake pan is typically thought of only as a vessel for cooking desserts, but today’s recipe switches things up and totally takes the bundt cake in a new direction. This here is a savory recipe that’s just as good served as a side at the dinner table as it is served at brunch. Packed with tons of zucchini, parmesan and fresh chives, this is a light bread that will have you rethinking the sweeter, cakier versions.
What we love about this bundt “cake” is how, despite all we stuffed in there, it’s not heavy at all. The eggs give the bread a slightly quiche-y quality, and the sour cream and greek yogurt keep it moist and guarantee that it won’t dry out. This cheesy zucchini bread doesn’t need butter or cream cheese to make it great, it’s amazing all by itself. We made a batch this weekend that was completely devoured, so when you do make it, prepare for it to go fast – grab your slice and get outta there!
Zucchini Parmesan Bread
Serves 8; 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 zucchini, grated and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly grease a bundt pan with non-stick spray or butter. If using non-stick spray, use a brush or paper towel to evenly spread it around pan.
- Take 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and pour it into bundt pan, gently shaking and rotating pan around so cheese coats the sides.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, onion powder and garlic powder in a large bowl and stir together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, greek yogurt and eggs.
- Pour wet ingredients and melted butter into dry mixture and stir to combine, then mix in cheddar cheese, remaining parmesan cheese, zucchini and chives.
- Once incorporated, pour batter into greased bundt pan, pressing down to make sure batter fills pan completely.
- Place bundt pan in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before inverting onto serving platter. Slice, serve and enjoy!