Wondering what to do with that old trampoline in your backyard? Well, now you can upcycle it into a bed swing! Yes, believe it or not, but they’re becoming a thing.
The DIY trend blew up on Pinterest and is now going viral. So like I said, if you’re stuck as to what to do with an old trampoline, you can always get creative and give it a new life.
Even if you don’t have a full-sized trampoline to turn into a bed, you can still use one of those small exercise ones in order to create a swinging chair.
According to OWN’s “Home Made Simple” designer, Ken Wingard, here are some instructions on how to get it done:
1. Remove the trampoline’s legs, so all that is left is the circular metal frame, black mat, and springs.
2. Cover the metal frame with pool noodles. Do this by slicing down one side of the foam noodle then popping it around the frame.
3. Use spray glue in order to tack pretty fabric around the pool noodle, or alternatively, use white noodles.
4. Use ropes with a high-tensile strength to wrap around the entire newly padded metal frame.
5. Loop rope string in order to hang the swing from everywhere that there is a leg on your trampoline. Make sure to leave an opening in order for you to get in and out of the swing – a one leg opening will do.
6. Hang it somewhere sturdy like a tree, or a pergola. If you are qualified to or know someone who is, you can even build yourself a frame for the swing.
7. On the smaller trampolines, you can always add a Papasan cushion, or cover a bigger trampoline with memory foam or cushions and a sheet. After that, all that is left is to decorate with pillows and enjoy!
Check out this video in order to see the tutorial’s full detail, and afterward, you can try it yourself.SKM: below-content placeholder