Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe: Hot Turkey & Gravy Sandwich
Thanksgiving dinner is a meal that we look forward to year-round and we like to really make it count and stretch out all those delicious Thanksgiving flavors. Some people like to shop on Black Fridaywe like to continue eating. This recipe is just one way you can enjoy your leftovers, with a hot and juicy sandwich that’s smothered in delicious gravy. Don’t take off your stretchy pants just yet, because this round 2 sandwich is another winner!
Open-Face Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich
- 8 slices turkey
- 4 slices wholegrain or wheat bread
- 1 cup stuffing
- 2/3 cup gravy
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon turkey or chicken stock
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Place your turkey breasts in a sheet of aluminum foil, folded to create a pouch for the turkey. Add 1-2 tablespoons turkey stock, firmly seal pouch, then bake for 10-15 minutes, or until warmed through.
- At the same time, place stuffing in an ovenproof baking dish with 1-2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon turkey stock. Bake until warmed through.
- Line your slices of bread out on a flat surface and top each with 1-2 tablespoons cranberry sauce.
- Load on 1/4 cup stuffing on top, then cover with 2 slices turkey. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Warm gravy in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring up to a boil, then let cool 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle gravy over sandwiches, serve immediately and enjoy!