For being so deliciously sweet and salty, these chocolate covered pretzels are shockingly easy to make! Chocolate covered pretzels are a great treat to make because of how easy they are to customizeyou never run out of options and they look super cute, even with minimal effort involved. You could use sprinkles, different combinations of chocolate and food coloring, or nonpareils to decorate these snacks, the list goes on and on. We wanted to add a little something unexpected, so we went with chopped pistachios. Take our word for it: they are outstanding! We can’t make these too often or we’d be in serious troublebut you should make them and find out for yourself how good they are!
Pistachio Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Yields 4 cups
- 4 cups pretzels (your choice what kind)
- 8-10 oz. dark chocolate melts
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place pistachios in a food processor and pulse for 5-10 seconds, or until they are coarsely chopped. (Or chop by hand/crush with a rolling pin, etc.)
- Place dark chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Remove and stir.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds (at 50% power), stir, and repeat on more time, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Hang pretzel off of a fork and dip completely in melted chocolate. Shake off excess and transfer to parchment paper. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- If first coat is not thick enough, re-microwave chocolate and dip pretzels again.
- When you’re pleased with chocolate coating, sprinkle pistachio bits over the tops of the pretzels.
- Set in freezer to cool for at least 1 hour, then serve or transfer to an airtight container to refrigerate or freeze.
Recipe adapted from Divas Can Cook