Ever wanted step up your grilled cheese game? Our friends at Spoon University came up with this simple, but brilliant grilled cheese crouton idea. I can’t believe we hadn’t tried it before!
Go ahead and experiment with different cheeses to find your perfect flavor combo and then say goodbye to boring croutons because once you try these bite-sized cheesy cubes you’ll never go back.
Grilled Cheese Croutons
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1-2 people
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- 1-oz. cheese of your choice
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Combine butter & parsley into a small bowl. Heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until butter is soft and mix it together.
- Spread butter mixture on one side of both slices of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, buttered side down, on the large heated pan.
- Place slices of cheese on top and lay the other slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Fry one side for 5 minutes and then flip to fry the other.
- Slice grilled cheese into smaller cubes and serve with your favorite tomato soup or salad.
Recipe from Spoon University