While we typically think of comfort food as being a hearty casserole or a jam-packed pasta dish, we would argue that this cheesy spinach bacon dip is a serious comfort food contender. Packed with all the cheese you could ever want, along with crunchy bits of tasty bacon, this is still an appetizer where spinach is the focal point. We like to use fresh greens and then sauté them in olive oil and lemon juice, but you could just as easily use frozen and save yourself time…. Regardless, this is a ridiculously yummy appetizer and you’ll go just as crazy for it as we did once you try it!
Cheesy Spinach Bacon Dip
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, plus more for garnish
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium high heat and sauté spinach until just wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice, then drain off cooking liquid and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and mayonnaise in a large bowl and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Mix in spinach and 3/4 crumbled bacon bits, then season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with toasted and sliced baguette, or fresh veggies.
Recipe adapted from Damn DeliciousSKM: below-content placeholder